Hello, Grade 4 and Grade 4 families,
A multiplication work pack is coming today. This is 4 weeks worth of practice. You will see that we have planned for each sheet, in the planner and added a date to be completed. Each practice will take no more than 5-10mins per night (Mon-Thurs). Please follow the chunked method (a small amount each day) rather than cramming an hour-long Sunday evening ‘homework night’.
PLEASE DO NOT COMPLETE THE WHOLE BOOKLET AT ONCE!
Each person learns differently so I am not encouraging anyone method over another but each child must be accountable for their practice. Here are some methods of accountability:
- Plan out when you will do each set – use the planner in the homework pack.
- Complete worksheet and submit for marking in class
- Make flashcards for each set of facts and verbally practise with some at home
- Complete a flipgrid practise video
- Spend time on IXL – Multiplication practise
We have had a whole class discussion about homework responsibility and accountability.
Online resources for practising facts:
Any questions, please connect!