April 18

Blogger of the week – Joey!

The week started off very excitingly! We had Mrs.Cleveland and we worked on how to problem solve by using an organized list.

One time every week Mrs.Cleveland comes to our class and we learn one different way to problem solve every time. Guess what? OJCS is now the only school that is teaching their students how to problem solve. I think that is SUPER cool! When Mrs.Cleveland started doing this she only did it with the older grades but now she’s doing it with us. Then we had an indoor recess and we had lots of fun in the gym!

Après la récréation nous avons la classe de français et nous travaillons dans nos livres de Bienvenue Chez Nous. En Premier nous lisons sur “speakers corner”. La question c’est “est-ce que tu préfères les grandes villes ou les petites villes? Pourquoi?” Et après des personnes ont présenté leurs posters sur une camp ou une activité pour apres l’ecole. C’était super! J’ai beaucoup aimé la présentation de Shylee et Audrey sur “le camp d’art” 

Then we played a very fun game of Mario cart in gym class.

On Tuesday, we first had Hebrew class and we played a fun Pesach kahoot that I made on the weekend.

During recess Audrey, Mara, and I helped Morah Ada set up for the Grade 1 Seder.  In Art class and we got our art portfolio with all the masterpieces that we made in the year.

We had such an awesome Seder at Hillel Lodge, the residents loved it. Here is a little iMovie of what happened.

ביום שלישי היה לנו עברית ושיחקנו קהוּת שהכנתי בסוף שבוע

At the end of the day we learned fractions for the first time and once we all understood it we played a fraction matching game.

The next day we started off very calmly. We had some silent reading time and we worked on public speaking. After that it was not very calm because we had gym class and we had carte blanche (which is open gym.) People played hockey, soccer, badminton, skip rope, and hula hoop. In Hebrew class we had a substitute teacher named Moreh Gonen. He is very funny and fun! We got to make a cover to a song and make the lyrics about Pesach. My group was Noa, Shylee, and I. Our song was 7 rings.

The next day we cleaned out our lockers and desks, worked on our dialogues in French, and everyone was very excited because it was soon Pesach break!!!!!! Being the blogger looked so easy when other people did it but trust me, it’s not! It was very very fun, though it was very very hard. I hope all of you have an awesome break and have fun at your Seders with your family and friends!

Posted April 18, 2019 by jbennett31 in category Uncategorised

3 thoughts on “Blogger of the week – Joey!

1. Elianna Saidenberg

Wow Joey you did a great job describing this week in the life of Kitah Dalet. I especially liked the little movie about the Seder at Hillel Lodge. It looks like your class brought a lot of joy and vibrancy to the residents.

Here is one question I have for you about your blog. Can you find one place in your writing where a semi-colon would have been more appropriate punctuation than a comma?

Keep up the great work Joey and all the kids in Kitah Dalet.

Reply
  2. Na'ama Uzan

Great job on your blog Joey,
    you captured the week really well from Monday to Friday.

I really liked the way you put so much character into your blog.

Thank you for making this great blog for the class blog.

From Na’ama

Reply